follicle garden

dead cells

play the dozens.

a convention of double helix

flaunt their antiparallel attitudes.

eat pi on my mind’s front porch


swing twist

bungee snarl

these ropes do anything


but nap? ridiculous




NOTE:
There always seems to be a hair poem at the end of my dreads. I'm always wondering why. Then, something like this comes along. "Natural hair Is a corporate No-No," according to a Glamour Magazine editor, "dreadlocks are dreadful." Black women in corporate America need to get rid of these "political hairstyles." She made the huge mistake of announcing this during a slide show for 100 women attorneys at a large firm.

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp?id=1188161099761

So - good bye Glamour - I won't miss reading you because I never did.
Now, I know why!

Comments

Popular Posts