please take a moment to consider this petition t the DNC.
Please forward this to any and all afrocentric, multi-cultural or
progressive mailing lists to which you may belong. Thanks.
Thanks to the AfroSpear for alerting me and Francis L Holland of The Committee to Unite the Democratic Party for preparing this action.
Senator Hillary Clinton Must Concede Defeat and Support the Democratic Presidential Ticket
The signatories to this statement urge that Senator Hillary Clinton must concede defeat in her quest for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination and must support the Democratic ticket.
(1) The Democratic Party base has spoken. The delegate count shows that Senator Hillary Clinton cannot win the nomination on the strength of earned delegates, based on the will of the voters. [Please sign the petition now.]
(2) Mrs. Clinton's political attacks upon Senator Barack Obama have increasingly appealed to and sought to increase resentment against others based on the color of their skin. [Please sign now.]
(3) This divisiveness is regrettable because, via the presidential candidacy of Senator Obama, the vast majority of African-Americans stand united with millions of white Americans and Americans of all colors, genders, ethnicities and religious backgrounds, erasing divisions to implement a program of Democratic change. Together, we're making history!
(4) It appears that Mrs. Clinton is about to shatter this historic unity. Don't let her do it!
(5) We therefore call on Mrs. Clinton to face the reality of the earned delegates count, concede defeat, and thereby contribute to healing a wound which is opening and continues to widen. It's time for healing.
(6) Mrs. Clinton must wholeheartedly support the winner of the nomination, who has earned the most delegates, and devote herself honestly and enthusiastically to defeating Republican electoral hopes in 2008, not attacking Democratic politicians and Democratic constituencies. Tell Hillary to stop her divisive tactics!
(7) Should the Democratic Party leadership nullify the people's votes by giving Mrs. Clinton the nomination, despite the popular will as represented by earned delegates, we would then call upon African-American voters and all Democratic Party constituencies and supporters to withhold their support from a Hillary Clinton candidacy in November. We have survived eight years under President Bush and, if compelled to do so, we will survive four years under a President McCain. However, we cannot and will NOT survive the nullification of our most hard-won right - our votes. We're not going to take this lying down!
Please take a moment to sign the petition now.