Pride is a living metaphysical political Being


Joy Kmt, an artist/activist frequently in collaboration with the Svaha Paradox Salon has been gathering international attention by drawing attention to why the Delta Foundation’s booking of artist Iggy Azalea is problematic for an inclusive Pride which creates safe space for all members of the LGBTQ community.  You can read about that here on MTv's website.  She is the co-founder of #RootsPridePgh which initiated a call to artists to make a video about what their pride looked like and tag it #MyPride.  In addition, you can make financial contributions here. I responded with “Pride is a living metaphysical political Being.” What does your Pride look like?

Transcription:

Pride is a living metaphysical political Being

{Sung}
when I look you in the eye
I invite you inside.
I have so much roots to show ya.

Spoken
my pride sweeps,
stitches, feathers 
its technicolor nest. 

breathes water. 
dances amniotic.
sings a trans-Atlantic song.
swimming against the school.
stings beautifully
in unnatural habitats. 

{Sung}
would you come be by my side
I have so much love to show ya.
would you love me show ya, huh?

I look you in the eye
I invite you inside.
my pride has so much light.
walk a mile with me in harmony.

Spoken
my pride is magic 
palm fronds, goats teeth, 
hip bones, wandering dread 
woven with seashells,
microchips, weaves 
& dodges, dances 
feints, faints & ain’t
your pride mine?

{Sung}
my pride keeps you alive.
are you on my side?
because I’d love to have you.

Spoken
my pride is arrow & archer,
knife, the frowning 
watermelon & spoon. 
the bacon grease and beans,
a chipped heirloom plate,
the meal I serve myself
when no others will serve me.
& that’s okay.

{Sung}
will you come be by my side?
I have so much love to show ya.
would you love me show ya?
I’m still alive. I’m still alive.


Comments

Popular Posts