Johnnie Carr - Into The Ancestor's Arms





On Friday, Johnnie Carr, civil rights activist and friend of Rosa Parks made her transition. After MLK Jr. stepped down, Carr was the president of the Montgomery Improvement Society until her death.

During her lifetime she was one of those people I’ve been trying to take snapshots of lately. Someone so committed that no video game, movie or sale at Macy’s would keep her from the streets if a demonstration for justice was happening or an important legislative initiative was being planned.

I’m going to miss these tireless folks...even if I never knew some of them. And I think I’m learning, that I’ve got to get out there more. (And serve prefab food more often.)

Enjoy your time with your friends, commrades and ancestors, dear elder.

Comments

Popular Posts