The Heart Beating The Body

I can not even love myself enough

to activate the index finger

on the desperate moist button;


enter the movie theatre of my husband;

play yesterday in circles

on my tongue or any open place


until thrill releases

worry. it is that simple

really. my husband real


and imaginary. devises

calm. delivers when

I am good


and these days,

have one too many between.

appendage presents


declare. I have to love

myself. and my crazy

marching band heart


frenzies. he calmly states,

“no, not today,

suffer and work it ~”


more likely this behavior

is a clot ready bomb singing

time to release


everything

and rise.

fire. the simplest


pleasures.

I have always wanted.

the pain fist to do something


very important. like take a life.

oh, look, Spongebob is on tv.

is it time to laugh now?


thank you…dearest,

ohhhh, darling, thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts