The Daily Read: Sideshow Babies, Fake News, Education in the MAGA Era, Tamir Rice, Black Supermarkets, Lovecraft Country, Nas-X, Palm Oil, Eye Candy & More
|How you can help. Show them the world is watching.|
1. Formal letter of apology for the lack of action taken.
2. A detailed protocol for how to respond to hate crimes.
3. Training for staff and students.
4. Finalized action plan to show that new adequate camera systems with a storage life of 30 days or more will be purchased and installed.
5. Principal and Vice Principal attend all future meetings she has with the superintendent to understand how they can support her.
6. Her Black History Month proposal should be approved.
Links at the bottom of this passionate ask. I still remember the day I heard about Tamir Rice. He and my son are very close in age. I think his case was when I realized that Why Supremacy would never be dismantled using the justice system. It was a sad day for me, the child of two generations of attorneys who believed in the rule of law and the ability to litigate America into living up to its written promises. If you have any spare change for change, this seems worthy.
First Black-Owned Supermarket to Sell Products From Mostly Black Farmers Raises $430K To Purchase The Property
|Black Cat Factz|
this book which was inspired by The Negro Travelers Green Book. This travel guide, made travel in the Jim Crow years a little easier for us. Racism made it hard to find hotels, restaurants, and service stations willing to serve us. In 1936, Victor Hugo Green published the first annual volume of The Negro Motorist Green Book which listed names, addresses, and phone numbers Black people could stay. You could say, Mr. Green made it easier for us to buy Black, then again, by necessity, we had to own our own businesses during segregation. I admit, I felt some kind of way when I found out the book emerged from the White Imagination. But, I can tell the author is either a very good researcher, has extraordinary amounts of empathy or many Black friends. Regardless, it's in the expert hand of Jordan Peele now. I'm ready.
I'm always interested in the artistic process. So, hearing about how she stacks over 300 images to piece these images together.